Saturday, July 16, 2011

a little info and some pictures.

we'll start this blog out with a cute picture. 
ah. love that. Dan is so good here.  I know it is hard for him but his spanish really is improving. he wouldn't believe it if i told him that but really it is good and the kids love him.  it is so sweet to watch. but anyway, life is good, so good. El Porvenir is treating Dan and I so well.  We both love Kinder so much. we love teaching the kids. it feel good.
We went into La Ceiba yesterday, the nearby town.  We went with Victor who is the man who is going to help us build the bunk beds.  It was crazy, i had no idea what we were doing and so i am glad we had victor and katlyn.  It was alot of work, I wont lie.  It was alot of walking around all over town to buy the equipment to build the beds, the wood, the mattresses (more like mod-podge foam), and the materials to cover the foam.  But it was all worth it because earlier that day we met the families.  So sweet. Gosh, kids here in Honduras are the cutest and everytime we see a new one dan and i are certain it's the cutest so far.  But seriously, these kids were cute.  And the sweet mom's were so thankful and so beautiful.  One of the ladies is pregnant and will give birth any day now.  Katlyn told her that I am in Nursing school and so she wants me to be there during the birth. cant wait for that. can't wait to give her and her new baby a safe place to lay their heads at night.
on the way to Ceiba.
Well there is so much I want to blog about.  But pictures speak a thousand words and describe all of my thoughts. So here are a few pictures and a little stream of consciousness.
First, we eat alot of pineapple here. Like at least one a day.  And this sweet little girls mom sells them to us for less than 50 cents a pineapple.  And gosh they are good.  But seriously, how cute is this girl
El Porvenir is gorgeous, but hot.  so katlyn and I decided to walk our 9385 mile walk to Kinder Honduran style.  Here's a pic.
Again, kids here are beautiful. so gorgeous. Here are some of our Kinder kids.
sweet little Paula
Cindy, aka little miss sunshine.

Dan teaching Antonio David aka Old man... he has the face of an 80 year old man.
little kids crossing the bridge on our walk to kinder
told you dan was cute with the kids.

Next, one of our favorite things about our time in Honduras.  Times spent on the porch overlooking the ocean.  Its peaceful and there is a perfect breeze.  Here's kate on the porch and Dan playing guitar. 


Also, we walk alot here.  Here are some pictures of us on our way out.  Models obviously
And a cute little sign on the side of a house.
I want to say so much more, but a storm just came in.  Thats how it goes though right?  we love you and we miss you. were going to go jump in some puddles. because we can. 

2 comments:

  1. Hate to say this, but I am crying tears of joy, as I read and see the pictures. I am so happy you all are there helping others. You make us all so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como se llaves. Yeah I brushed up on my Spanish too. It's pretty dirty. Dan: Dustin Johnson is putting his big boy shoes on and is going for his first major win today. He is trailing by one to some European chump so he will be fine. Allison I have a good friend in Mexico right now and I'm a little nervous about it so please reassure me that she will come back in one piece and won't come back married to Julio or his cousin Hernando. Pray for her. Kate: I am ready for you to come home so hurry up and come home. Anne Fran and were talking about your future in the car on our way to Sarah's wedding and I'm excited for you when you come back. You guys behave yourself. I'm going to 3 Amigos to start saying como se llaves and see how many looks I get. For the record, Taco Bell's chalupas are way better than 3 Amigoes' chalupas. Hey guys, great talk.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete