Sunday, June 19, 2011

ambitions.

When dan and I talked about Honduras, we talked about the children and the beach and the excitement.  We didn't plan on doing any special projects.  But one night we were talking and we got so excited about 'special projects' that we got started right away.  And then katlyn emailed us about the bunkbeds and we loved the idea. so then we put it on our blog. and then i got nervous. what if we don't have anyone willing to support us or the beds? I mean 500 dollars for one bunkbed? thats crazy. And as the week went on i thought we were for sure crazy to think we could raise that kind of money. but in the back of my mind, as he always does, the Lord was saying, trust me. and towards the end of last week i decided that i would really try.  So i said, Lord do what you want with this blog, and do what you want with these special projects. and then Saturday, the Lord started to work. really work, in a huge way. There is this small church here in Lynchburg who answered our prayers.  I met the pastor of the church two weekends ago as he was walking around my apartment complex getting to know people and inviting them to church.  This made such an impact on me.  The fact that this pastor, Pastor Al, and his friend, Pastor Ed, were knocking on my door and inviting me really touched me, so i went.  The best way to sum up this sweet little church is family.  It's alot like walking into a family reunion.  On Saturday, Pastor Al asked if i wanted to speak about my trip to Honduras in church.  I said yes but i was nervous.  I made some quick little bookmarks with some information on it and went to sleep praying that the Lord would speak instead of me.  I go to this church by myself so I was nervous to speak in front of this church of people who I didn't know without anyone in the audience i knew cheering me on.  Little did i know, I had the best little group of cheerleaders in that audience.  The Lord was there, and he answered Dan and I's prayers in a major way.  Thanks to Pastor Al's church, not only do we have enough money for bunkbeds, but we have enough for way more.  And now, we are thinking about building bunk beds instead of buying them so it is cheaper and we can make more.  My heart is so full.  Dan and i are stunned. literally it has been hard to wrap my head around it all.  Today I read this verse from Psalms 131:1-3 that says, "My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed myself and quieted my ambitions. I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore."  reading this was so perfect.  Once I quieted my ambitions and just let God be God, he showed me that he had plans so much bigger than what I had dreamed.  Like i told dan, obviously the Lord has more planned for this trip than we expected, we just have to trust him with that and take a backseat.  So thank you Pastor Al and The Kirk.  We will never forget your generosity and thanks to your amazing love, some children in Honduras will no longer have to sleep on concrete.  My heart could explode tonight.  seriously, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. ally, this is so beautiful praise God! i am so excited for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete